Peace Corps service is a great time for intentional (or unintentional) self-reflection, which is how I have come to writing this post. Before leaving for my New Year’s trip to Barbados, I spent a good amount of time reflecting on my 2019 and the things I hope for 2020. Like most people, there are highs and lows to my 2019, but I am hopeful for more highs than lows for my 2020.
To keep the momentum of self-reflection going, I have come up with 20 goals for 2020! This year I want to focus on improving different areas of my life such as personal, health, professional, relationships, and fun. The majority of the items on my list are things I don’t do or don’t do enough of, so I tried to set the goals in a realistic and obtainable manner for myself.
So here we go, 20 things to achieve for the new year!
My top 5 goals that I am most excited about are:
- Write at least 2 pages in the morning journal every day. I missed the first 3 days of the new year, but today I started journaling and it was great.
- Focus on creating & implementing one more meaningful project at site. Our regional HFLE workshop was a success but I am ready for one more successful project.
- Finish service feeling fulfilled. This is pretty ambiguous because at the moment I am not completely sure what this will mean but I’ll figure it out.
- Read a minimum of 12 books this year. The first book I am reading is Educated by Tara Westover
- Write a blog post at least once a month. This will qualify for my January blog and I have more ideas prepared for the coming months.
Here’s to 2020! What are some of your goals for the new year?